Monday, August 27, 2007

Why blog Midwestern?

I have pondered a blog for a long time, but figured I needed an "angle" to be considered credible. Since the old rule of thumb is to 'write what you know', I searched and searched my soul, my life, my history, my family, my interests, my job - anything - looking for something notable that would stand out. Finally, I decided that it is my very normalcy - my ordinariness - that beckons me to share my thoughts via this blog. And frankly, what could be more ordinary and normal than the "midwest?"

I hope not to be boring or dreary though. I believe the challenges I face in my life are not unique. Neither are my joys and my triumphs. I think they are typical of an American life in the Midwest. And because they are typical, maybe others will understand and relate. Maybe not. At any rate, this begins my public journal.

No comments: